The Last Spell is a tactical RPG with roguelite elements. During the days, you’ll have to carefully choose how you will re-build your city and how you’ll position your defenses. Will you prioritize buying a brand new flaming sword, or build a Mana Well to regenerate some priceless Mana after battles?
During night, you’ll have to exterminate all the monsters coming at your walls with a large range of weapons and powers. Level up your heroes, and repeat until the end.
War was rampaging all over the land for decades. In a desperate move to end it all, the mages provoked The Cataclysm. Massive balls of pure magic obliterated nearly everything. A strange purple mist propagated everywhere. They say that those who entered the mist were killed, driven mad, or worse…
Only a few Havens keep up the fight against the hordes of bloodthirsty monsters that come out at night from this damned mist. A few strained heroes protect the walls night after night, until a handful of mages manage to cast The Last Spell and banish all magic from this accursed world. And maybe save us all. Maybe.
- Turn based strategy in which you slay hundreds of enemies every fight
- Protect and rebuild the last Haven of earth
- Fast paced and arcade feel during battles
- Glorious mix of pixel art and dark fantasy setting
- Rogue lite elements
- Classless level up system: find your own optimal builds and try to break the game!
- Procedurally generated characters, items and enemy waves make every run unique
Launch Trailer — YouTube
Release Date Trailer — YouTube
Release Window and Consoles Announcement — YouTube
Major update: Over The Mist And Far Away — YouTube
Interview with the Algorithm — YouTube
1st Major update: Glenwald Calling — YouTube
Early Access Release Trailer — YouTube
Gameplay Overview — YouTube
Reveal Trailer — YouTube
Logos & Icons
About The Arcade Crew
- With a gameplay first approach and high-quality focus, The Arcade Crew produces and publishes awesome indie and innovative games from creative teams from around the world.
The Crew’s iconic projects include Blazing Chrome and Vengeful Guardian Moonrider from JoyMasher, Infernax from Berzerk Studios, The Last Spell from Ishtar Games and Young Souls from 1P2P. The Crew is working on several new games for 2024 and beyond.
- More information
- More information on The Arcade Crew is available here.
About Ishtar Games
- Ishtar Games is a game development studio and an indie publisher, based in France. We previously made The Last Spell and the “Dead in” series.
- More information
- More information on Ishtar Games is available here.