Developed by French studio Hibernian Workshop and published by The Arcade Crew, Dark Devotion features a rich, detailed and immersive narrative that unfolds a sombre tale of your religion’s undeniable calling where every encounter is a challenge of suffering, piety and conviction – but most importantly, it's a fight to the death.
Spanning across four unique worlds, each with their own variety of environments bursting with detail, players will choose from dozens of weapons and learn from them the secret of the Temple as they fight superbly crafted bosses with one mission: to destroy your soul and damn you forever.
Dark Devotion features several distinctive gameplay mechanics for greatly expanded replayability – the prayers, blessings and curses system allows for flexibility and a variety of approaches to each foe, while its myriad of weaponry allow for combining skillsets to alter your approach with each play through.
The eternal suffering of The Templars is both a blessing and a curse - salvation is born through sacrifice, and no sacrifice is too great to praise your God. A mystical temple teeming with a strange life-like energy of its own awaits you on your sacred crusade of suffering and redemption that will take you to the depths of traditions spanning centuries – and leave you questioning your faith and your own existence.
- Dynamic and heavy combat
- Dozens of weapons, armor, and items for various fighting styles
- Intricate system of blessings, curses, and illnesses
- White-knuckle boss battles
- Rich, complex storyline
- Dark levels and brooding environments
Release Trailer - PS4/Switch — YouTube
PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch Announcement Trailer — YouTube
Release Trailer - PC — YouTube
Gameplay Overview — YouTube
Boss Trailer — YouTube
Story Trailer — YouTube
Reveal Trailer — YouTube
Dev diary #1 - Universe, art and scenario — YouTube
Dev diary #2 - Gameplay and mechanics — YouTube
Dev diary #3 - The Studio Lifestyle — YouTube
Logos & Icons
About The Arcade Crew
- The Arcade Crew is dedicated to produce and publish awesome indie games with a retro feel from small creative teams. The Crew will benefit from Dotemu resources and experience in game development and marketing. Based on several years in the videogame industry, The Crew is thrilled to discover and support new talents and create a real community around classic inspired titles.
- More information
- More information on The Arcade Crew is available here.
About Hibernian Workshop
- Hibernian Workshop is an indie game studio based in France.
- More information
- More information on Hibernian Workshop is available here.