KUNAI is a quirky, fast-paced action adventure / metroidvania. You play as Tabby, a tablet who joins the fight against a robot uprising. Use your kunai and ninja parkour skills to stop Lemonkus, the A.I.-gone-evil that almost wiped out all human life.
A traumatic event has shaken the balance of the world. Human life has been almost wiped out by the evil A.I. Lemonkus. Robots roam free across the earth. You take control of Tabby, a killer robot infused with the soul of an ancient warrior.
A Ninja Metroidvania
Start out with nothing, progress and increase in strength by killing enemy robots to unlock abilities, weapons and kick-ass ninja tricks. Explore a world filled with secrets, hidden passages and mysterious characters. KUNAI is all about movement and agility. Use your ninja mobility to reach places where no normal robot could ever go.
- Fast-paced action platforming with a grappling twist
- Silky smooth movement mechanics tuned to the pixel
- Lots of juicy exploding robots crafted with care (note: screenshake can be turned off at your own leisure)
- Kunai-driven grappling fun with swinging included to amplify those deadly ninja drops
- A wide variety of places to explore, ranging from a fallen city, floating airships to artificial deserts and more!
- Unique art style, with every area having its own color palette taking you back to the early days of gaming.
- Combat mechanics and weapons in abundance to slice, dice and fire your robotic foes to pieces.
- Friendly and not so friendly robots to meet along the way including Earl, Chief and the evil A.I. Lemonkus.
- Rocking soundtrack with lots of 16-bit references blasting into your ears.
- You are a NINJA TABLET. ‘Nuff said.
Release Trailer — YouTube
Gameplay Overview — YouTube
Boss Trailer — YouTube
Reveal Trailer — YouTube
Logos & Icons
About The Arcade Crew
- With a gameplay first approach and high-quality focus, The Arcade Crew produces and publishes awesome indie and innovative games from creative teams from around the world.
The Crew’s iconic projects include Blazing Chrome and Vengeful Guardian Moonrider from JoyMasher, Infernax from Berzerk Studios, The Last Spell from Ishtar Games and Young Souls from 1P2P. The Crew is working on several new games for 2023 and beyond.
- More information
- More information on The Arcade Crew is available here.
- KUNAI is being developed by TurtleBlaze, a lively Netherlands-based trio brought together in part by a shared quarter-life crisis. TurtleBlaze’s team draws guidance from the keystone gaming experiences which sparked and have since fueled its adoration of video games as a medium.
- More information
- More information on TurtleBlaze is available here.