The Arcade Crew
Based in Paris, France
February 6th, 2020
KUNAI is a quirky, fast-paced action adventure / metroidvania. You play as Tabby, a tablet who joins the fight against a robot uprising. Use your kunai and ninja parkour skills to stop Lemonkus, the A.I.-gone-evil that almost wiped out all human life.
A traumatic event has shaken the balance of the world. Human life has been almost wiped out by the evil A.I. Lemonkus. Robots roam free across the earth. You take control of Tabby, a killer robot infused with the soul of an ancient warrior.
A Ninja Metroidvania
Start out with nothing, progress and increase in strength by killing enemy robots to unlock abilities, weapons and kick-ass ninja tricks. Explore a world filled with secrets, hidden passages and mysterious characters. KUNAI is all about movement and agility. Use your ninja mobility to reach places where no normal robot could ever go.
Explore a Unique World
Explore the different pixel-art environments of KUNAI, each with a minimalistic palette, while Tabby makes cute faces. Use a variety of ninja tricks to move around the world and unleash your deadly arsenal of weapons to fight your way through armies of evil machines, rogue androids, and mindless mechs to maximize your badassness.
KUNAI is being developed by TurtleBlaze, a lively Netherlands-based trio brought together in part by a shared quarter-life crisis. TurtleBlaze’s team draws guidance from the keystone gaming experiences which sparked and have since fueled its adoration of video games as a medium.
To keep tabs on KUNAI, slash your way over to the official website (https://kunaigame.com/) or ambush The Arcade Crew (https://twitter.com/TheArcadeCrew) or TurtleBlaze (https://twitter.com/turtleblaze) on Twitter.
© The Arcade Crew - TurtleBlaze - 2020, all rights reserved.
- Fast-paced action platforming with a grappling twist
- Silky smooth movement mechanics tuned to the pixel
- Lots of juicy exploding robots crafted with care (note: screenshake can be turned off at your own leisure)
- Kunai-driven grappling fun with swinging included to amplify those deadly ninja drops
- A wide variety of places to explore, ranging from a fallen city, floating airships to artificial deserts and more!
- Unique art style, with every area having its own color palette taking you back to the early days of gaming.
- Combat mechanics and weapons in abundance to slice, dice and fire your robotic foes to pieces.
- Friendly and not so friendly robots to meet along the way including Earl, Chief and the evil A.I. Lemonkus.
- Rocking soundtrack with lots of 16-bit references blasting into your ears.
- You are a NINJA TABLET. ‘Nuff said.
KUNAI - Release Trailer (PC, Nintendo Switch) YouTube
KUNAI - Reveal Trailer (PC, Nintendo Switch) YouTube
KUNAI - Gameplay Overview (PC/Switch) YouTube
KUNAI - Boss trailer (PC/Switch) YouTube
Logo & Icon
About The Arcade Crew
The Arcade Crew is dedicated to produce and publish awesome indie games with a retro feel from small creative teams. The Crew will benefit from Dotemu resources and experience in game development and marketing. Based on several years in the videogame industry, The Crew is thrilled to discover and support new talents and create a real community around classic inspired titles.
Created in 2018 but born in the 80s, The Arcade Crew starts its journey with Blazing Chrome, a classic run’n’gun fully loaded with action and exciting fights and developed by Brazilian indie studio JoyMasher.
More information on The Arcade Crew, our logo & relevant media are available here.